This recipe is for a delicious and easy to make dish of roasted garlic mushrooms. The mushrooms are first fried in hot oil for 20 seconds, and then arranged in a roasting tin with their stems facing upwards. The garlic butter mixture is then spooned over each mushroom, and the breadcrumbs are lightly pressed on top. The mushrooms can be refrigerated until ready to cook, or baked immediately in the oven for 10 minutes. The result is a flavorful and savory dish that is perfect as an appetizer or side dish.
- 16 even-sized open cup mushrooms, stalks cut level
- 3 tbsp corn or vegetable oil
- 75g unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped very finely
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6.
- Lightly fry the mushrooms, cap-side down, in hot oil for 20 seconds.
- Arrange the mushrooms in a shallow roasting tin with the stalks facing upwards.
- Mix together the butter, garlic, thyme, lemon juice and seasoning. Spoon a little garlic butter on to each mushroom, then lightly press the breadcrumbs on top.
- Either refrigerate for later use, or cook immediately in the oven for 10 minutes.
the Roasted Garlic Mushrooms recipe is a delicious and simple way to prepare mushrooms. The garlic and thyme add a flavorful twist to the mushrooms, and the breadcrumbs provide a satisfying crunch. This dish is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner, and can be prepared in advance and cooked in the oven for a convenient meal.
The nutrition facts for this roasted garlic mushrooms recipe per serving (assuming 4 servings) are:
|Nutrient||Amount per serving|