Back to Top
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cloves chopped Garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- one 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 box macaroni
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese
- In a Large Skillet cook the onions in the oil till slightly browned
- Add the beef and cook it,adding half a cup of water in while breaking it up.
- Once the beef is cooked add in the tomatoes & a teaspoon of salt along with any seasonings you chose to use.and bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes.
- In a separate Pot cook the macaroni in boiling water till it’s almost al dente.
- Drain it and add it to the beef/tomato mixture
- Taste it and add more seasonings as needed, and cover cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove and transfer it to a large baking dish mixing in the cheeses, reserving one cup of cheddar, as you pour, mix WELL
- Once all the pasta is in the baking dish sprinkle with the last cup of cheese and cover with foil
- cook on 350 for a final 20 minutes