4 lbs chicken thighs, bone in and skin on (Use 4 lbs if you want less sauce for pasta)
1 T.olive oil
1 onion, diced
8 ounces cream cheese, room temp cut in cubes
1 cup chicken broth
1 package Ranch Dressing Mix (You are using the dry mix in this recipe!)
chives, for garnish
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled for garnish (I forgot to add this!!!!!! Next time for sure!!!)
- Heat oil.
- Saute onion.
- Add chicken and brown both sides in oil.
- Remove chicken to plate and drain excess oil.
- Pour in the chicken broth.
- Stir in the ranch dressing mix powder.
- Top with cubes of cream cheese.
- Add chicken back in.
- Cook on high 4 hours. I stirred mine every hour or so to help the sauce along and combine the cream cheese into the sauce. Don;t be worried if sauce looks funky, it will come together in the end!
- Remove from sauce and shred chicken, discarding skin/bones.
- Pour sauce over chicken and top with chives ad bacon crumbles