4.5 hours to prepare Serves 4 to 6 people
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 2 whole carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 whole chicken, insides removed, rinsed and dried
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, garnish
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Coat inside of slow cooker with a generous layer of cooking spray.
- Place onion, carrots and celery into slow cooker. Place lemon wedges in chicken cavity for added flavor.
- Rub chicken with olive oil and poultry seasoning. Place on top of vegetables.
- Cover and cook on high setting for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-7 hours. Insert thermometer into chicken; internal temperature should be 165°F to indicate chicken is done.
- Carefully remove chicken from slow cooker and rest on serving platter or cutting board for 5 minutes before carving. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Recipe adapted from Diethood