- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup thickly sliced onion (1 medium)
- 1 envelope au jus gravy mix
- 1 tsp Gravy Master -OR- Kitchen Bouquet
- 2-3 tbs flour
- ¼ cup water
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 envelope G. Washington’s Brown Seasoning -OR- 2 tbs au jus gravy mix
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 3 slices white bread soaked in water or milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs oil
- Squeeze water or milk out of the bread.
- Place ground beef, seasoning, onions, eggs and squeezed bread in a large bowl. Mix well and form into patties about 4-5 oz.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and brown the patties on both sides; place browned patties in a 5-7 quart slow cooker.
- Mix the water, sliced onion, gravy mix and Gravy Master in a small bowl. Pour over patties.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, high 4-6 hours (times are approximate as all cookers cook differently)
- Mix thickening ingredients. Remove patties from cooker, turn cooker to high heat and stir in the thickening mixture. Return patties to cooker and cook an additional 15-20 minutes or until gravy is thick and flour is cooked.