20 minutes active; 2+ hours inactive to prepare serves 6
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 oz.) jar salsa, mild or hot
- 1 (1.25 oz.) package taco seasoning
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, optional
- Season chicken breasts with chili powder, if using, then place in slow cooker.
- Top with taco seasoning and lime juice, then spread salsa over everything and sprinkle cilantro over the top.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Optional: transfer chicken breasts to a separate plate and use two forks to shred into pieces. Place shredded chicken in a large bowl and scoop 2-3 spoonfuls of cooking liquids into bowl until chicken is moistened.
- Serve hot with tortillas, fresh cilantro and desired garnishes. Enjoy!