• 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 lbs.), cut up, skin removed
• 2 tbsp. canola oil
• 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
• 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
• 1 jar (6 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
• 1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• Pinch of salt
• 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
• 1/4 tsp. dried basil
• 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Place flour in large plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Transfer to 5-qt. slow cooker.
2. Top with onions, green pepper, and mushrooms. In small bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, salt, oregano, and basil; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve.