Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 5 hr 30 min
2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1/2 cup Progresso™ Italian style bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon crushed dried basil leaves
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz small fresh mozzarella balls
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 jars (25 oz each) tomato pasta sauce
12 oz uncooked spaghetti
- 1In large bowl, mix beef, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, basil, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and eggs. Shape into 14 to 16 (2-inch) meatballs. Press 1 small mozzarella ball into center of each meatball, sealing it inside.
- 2In 10- to 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; cook just until browned on all sides.
- 3Pour 1 jar of the pasta sauce into 3- to 4-quart slow cooker. Carefully place browned meatballs over sauce. Pour second jar of pasta sauce over meatballs.
- 4Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
- 5When about 15 minutes are left, cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Serve meatballs and sauce over cooked spaghetti.
- Don’t have spaghetti on hand? Any of your favorite pastas would work great with this recipe.
- Use any leftovers for meatball sandwiches the next day!