Back to Top
- 4 teaspoons salt (per recipe reviews, 2 tsp is better)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large roasting chicken (with pop-up timer if possible)
- 1 cup chopped onion (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the spices.
- Remove any giblets from chicken and clean chicken.
- Rub spice mixture onto the chicken.
- Place in resealable plastic bag and refrigerate overnight. (I usually skip this step because I’m always in a hurry).
- When ready to cook, put chopped onion in bottom of crock pot.
- Add chicken. No liquid is needed, the chicken will make its own juices.
- Cook on low 4-8 hours.
- Note: I highly recommend a pop-up timer in the chicken because some crock pots cook faster/slower than others (my crock pot cooks this recipe in 4-5 hours).