Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken, Bacon, & Tater Tots is a delicious and super easy meal to put together! Your whole family will love it!
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 6 or more
- One 32 ounce bag frozen tater tots
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese or Colby jack cheese blend
- 2/3 cup 2% milk (whole milk would be fine too)
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Once bacon cools, crumble it into small pieces, and set it aside.
- Coat the inside of your crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dump half the frozen tater tots into the crock pot, and spread into an even layer. Top tots with 1/3 of the cheese and 1/2 the crumbled bacon.
- Place uncooked chicken on top of the tater tot layer. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Top chicken with 1/3 of the cheese.
- Spread remaining tater tots over the chicken layer. Top with remaining bacon and cheese. Pour milk over the top of the dish.
- Cover your crock pot and cook on HIGH on 3 hours, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Serve warm.
You can cut down on your prep time buy using ready to serve (cooked) bacon as well.