- 13 1/2 fl oz light unsweetened coconut milk
- 7 tsp Thai curry paste, red variety, divided (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp table salt, (or to taste)
- 1/2 head(s), large uncooked cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 pound(s) uncooked potato(es), peeled, cut into small chunks
- 1 medium sweet red pepper(s), cut into chunks
- 2 medium uncooked carrot(s), cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), six 4 oz pieces
- 2 Tbsp smooth reduced fat peanut butter
- 1/3 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 3 medium uncooked scallion(s), sliced
- 1 medium fresh lime(s), cut into 6 wedges
- 2 Tbsp peanuts, salted, chopped
In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, whisk together coconut milk, 4 teaspoons curry paste and salt until blended. Add cauliflower, potatoes, pepper and carrots; toss to mix and coat.
Rub 2 teaspoons curry paste all over chicken; place chicken on top of vegetable mixture. Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW setting until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 5 to 6 hours.
Remove chicken to a cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces (or shred using two forks); set aside.
Stir peanut butter and remaining 1 teaspoon curry paste into slow cooker until blended. Add chicken back to slow cooker with cilantro and scallions; gently stir to coat. Spoon onto plates or into bowls and serve with lime wedges; sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon peanuts. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.