- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 can (29 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 oz) can tomato soup (or tomato sauce)
- 1 (14 0z) can chicken broth (or beef broth)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese, for topping
- In a large pot, brown and crumble ground beef along with diced green peppers and onion over medium-high heat.
- When meat is thoroughly cooked, drain excess grease from beef mixture.
- Put beef mixture back into pot.
- Add in diced tomatoes, chicken (or beef) broth and tomato soup (or tomato sauce).
- Give it all a good stir.
- Then add in rice.
- Stir again.
- Then stir in seasonings; sugar, garlic powder, salt & pepper (to taste).
- Cover and let soup simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes to let all the flavors blend. (The longer it simmers, the thicker it will get.)
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese on top of each serving.