How to make Italian breakfast casserole in the slow cooker
1 bag frozen hashbrowns, divided
1-lb bulk sausage, divided
1 medium onion, chopped, divided
1 red bell pepper, chopped, divided
1 green bell pepper, chopped, divided
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1. Brown a package if sausage in a frying pan and drain.
2. In your slow cooker, add a layer of hash browns, cooked sausage, onions, bell peppers, shredded mozzarella cheese, and shredded cheddar cheese.
3. Repeat the layering process one more time.
4. In a separate bowl mix eggs, milk, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
5. Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients in your slow cooker.
6. Cook on high for 5 hours, or low for 8 to 9 hours, according to Crock Pot. When you wake up, your food will be ready to enjoy.
Serve this tasty meal with your favorite fruit or a piece of toast. This hearty breakfast is filling, cheap and easy to make. With eggs, veggies and cheese, the entire family can get the day started right.
Like this recipe? Share it with your friends on Facebook and tell us your favorite breakfast food in the comments below.