Back to Top
- Unsalted butter
- 7 cups whole milk, plus more as needed
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Coat the insert of a 3-quart or larger slow cooker with a thin layer of butter. Add 6 cups of the milk, the rice, sugar, and salt and stir to combine.
- 2Cover and cook on high until the rice is cooked through and the pudding is creamy, about 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- 3Stir in the remaining cup of milk, raisins (if using), brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Add additional milk as needed to reach the desired consistency. Serve immediately.