Prep Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time about 8 hours on low
- 1kg pork shoulder (fat trimmed)
- 500ml salsa
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Tortillas, to serve
- Sour cream, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Avacado, sliced, to serve
- Coriander, to serve
- In the slow cooker, combine the salsa, oregano, chilli powder, cocoa powder and salt, and give it a good stir. Add the pork, and ensure that the pork is coated in the sauce. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once cooked the pork will pull apart easily – use two forks to shred it and give it a good stir to ensure that all of the meat is covered in the sauce.
- Put the slow cooker in the middle of the table allowing everyone to help themselves, and serve with warm tortillas, sour cream, lime wedges, avacado slices, and chopped coriander. If you want extra toppings such as tomatoes or cheese – go for it!