- 2 lb beef sirloin steak, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 garlic powder, to taste
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 large green bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat and brown the strips after seasoning them with garlic powder to taste.
Once browned, place the strips in a slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, mix together the bouillon cube with hot water to dissolve then add the cornstarch and stir to dissolve.
- Pour the mixture over the meet in the crockpot, add in the onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar and salt and stir to combine.
- Cook for 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low.
Simple, easy and delicious! The best part about this pepper steak is the slow cooking, everything tastes better when cooked on low right! I served this with some rice and a vegetable salad, it was perfect.