Back to Top
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 healthy pinch of red pepper flakes
- Cut beef into 1-inch pieces and season with salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker.
- In a small bowl whisk tomato paste into the beef broth. Pour over beef along with the wine.
- Add carrots, onion and mushrooms along with garlic and remaining seasonings.
- Give the ingredients a good stir, cover and cook on low 4-6 hours or on high 2-3 hours. It’s done when the meat is cooked through and the veggies are tender. Remove bay leaves before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.