This hearty beef stew cooks completely in the crock-pot all day and is chock full of fall-apart-juicy beef, and tender harvest vegetables.—The perfect way to warm up on a chilly winter evening!
- 1 (2 lb) beef chuck roast, cut into 1/2 in cubes
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 3 cups Russet potatoes, diced into 1/2 in pieces
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine beef cubes and flour. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, saute beef in oil stirring occasionally until beef is slightly browned, 5-10 minutes. (beef will not cook entirely)
- Place beef in a 3-qt slow cooker. Add carrots, celery, potatoes, onion, garlic, tomatoes, water, vinegar, and seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Cook beef stew on low-heat 5-6 hours. Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Store beef stew in refrigerator up to 4 days.