Chicken Parmesan in the crockpot? Yes. And it’s actually good. And by good I mean AMAZING!
- 1 1/2 chicken breasts
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus a couple pinches
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, plus a couple pinches
- 1 Tbsp basil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise.
- Combine crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, slat, pepper, basil, and garlic in the bottom of the slow cooker and mix well.
- Add chicken breasts on top of the sauce and sprinkle with salt a pepper.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and stir sauce. Place the chicken back on top of the sauce and top with the cheese.
- In a small pan, heat the oil over medium heat for a minute.
- Add the breadcrumbs with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook the breadcrumbs, stirring often for about 5 minutes.
- To serve, scoop out a piece of chicken with some sauce underneath and place over pasta. Top with a big scoop of the crispy breadcrumbs.