- 6 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 large red potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- One 10.75-ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Coat the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove the ends and seeds from the bell pepper and dice. Wash the potatoes, cut them in half, and then cut them into thin slices. (or use a mandolin to slice them.) Place the peppers and then potatoes into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle paprika over the chicken thighs, and rub to spread the seasoning evenly.
- Layer 3 chicken thighs on top of the potatoes. Spread half the soup over the thighs, and then repeat the chicken and soup layering.
- Cover the slow cooker, and cook for 3 to 4 hours on HIGH.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken, potatoes, and peppers to a serving dish and set aside.
- Add flour to the cooking liquid, and whisk until there are no clumps. Add the cheese and stir until melted. Add the Worcestershire sauce and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Plate the chicken, potatoes, and peppers. Spoon sauce over everything, and garnish with parsley.
This dish can also be cooked on the LOW crock pot setting for 6 to 8 hours.