To make this comforting and savory chicken dinner, you’ll need:
- 2 pounds of chicken breast fillets
- 1 pound of small red potatoes (quartered)
- 1/2 pound of dutch/baby carrots (trimmed and peeled)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- To begin, combine your olive oil and lemon juice. It’s best to perform this step in a container with a spout so that you can pour out the liquid easily later.
- Then, add in all your herbs and spices and stir. Don’t be afraid to adjust this part of the recipe to suit your preferences.
- Next, gently place your boneless skinless chicken breasts into the slow cooker. Be sure to trim off any excess fat.
- Add in your potatoes next. While you don’t necessarily need to keep them all on one side, it makes the final presentation more aesthetically pleasing.
- Do the same with the carrots. Again, the location doesn’t matter, but you will get style points for a beautiful dish.
- Pour your marinade over the entire dish, taking care to give each component a sufficient amount of sauce.
- All that’s left to do is cook the chicken dinner for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. When you take the lid off, you’ll be greeted with the heavenly aroma of a home-cooked meal.
- For a full step-by-step demonstration, be sure to check out the video below. Don’t forget to SHARE this Recipe with all the food lovers in your life!