- 1 pound uncooked turkey or chicken sausage
- ½ packet (1-ounce) taco seasoning
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) corn, drained
- If you have sausage links, cut open the casings to remove the sausage and discard the casings.
- In a large skillet set over medium heat add the turkey sausage and taco seasoning. Cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until sausage browns and is no longer pink, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer to your slow cooker. (I used my 4-Quart.)
- Add the tomatoes, beans, barbecue sauce and corn.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours, until the turkey sausage is tender.
- Using a large spoon, skim off any excess fat that has accumulated on the surface of the chili.
- Stir and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with your favorite chili garnishes.
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (1 cup): 288 calories, 7.7 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 39 mg cholesterol, 1158 mg sodium, 38.3 g carbs, 15.4 g sugar, 7.7 g fiber, 17.7 g protein.