I love this crustless broccoli quiche. You get all the flavor and nutrition of the yummy filling, without the extra calories/carbs/gluten from the crust.
Yield: 4 servings
- Olive oil spray (make your own using a spray bottle)
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¾ cup (3 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch pie dish with nonstick spray.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the broccoli. Cook 1 minute, just to defrost. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, salt, black pepper and garlic. Stir in the broccoli and the cheese.
- Transfer the broccoli mixture to the prepared pie dish. Bake until golden-brown and a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 2 slices; Calories: 260; Fat: 17g; Carbohydrates: 8g; Sugar: 1.5g;Sodium: 544mg; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 19.6g