- 1 lb ground beef (or vegetarian crumble)
- 3 cups of beef broth (or vegetable broth to make vegetarian)
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 TB dried parsley
- 1 TB dried basil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1, 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1, 6oz can of tomato paste
- 1 cup V8 (or any vegetable drink)
- 2 cups uncooked shell pasta
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup of water
- Optional topping- shredded cheese
- NOTE about beef: The pictured meet is the vegetarian crumble… that is why it looks browned. You do NOT have to brown the beef before putting into the crock pot. I did not pre-cook the meat first. If you are using a higher fat ground beef (like an 80/20) you might want to precook to drain off some of the fat. But if you don’t mind the extra fat…that isn’t even necessary, just a suggestion.
- First mix together the can of tomatoes, and tomato paste in crockpot.
- Next add broth, beef, garlic, parsley, basil, onion, V8 and salt/pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
- When 30 minutes are left of cooking time, add in the 1 cup of water and noodles. Stir to combine. Put lid back on and continue cooking for 30 minutes.