PREP TIME: 10mins | COOK TIME: 4hrs
CHICKEN RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 3- to 3 ½- pound whole broiler-fryer chicken
- ¼ – ½ cup olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
OPTIONAL POTATO RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
- 5-8 red potatoes, quartered
- ¼- ½ cup of olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 shakes dried oregano
- 5 shakes dried basil
- Hand full rosemary, crushed
CHICKEN RECIPE DIRECTIONS:
- Rinse chicken inside and out; pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken on plate; set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and paper. With basting/pastry brush, spread mixture all over bird. Transfer bird to Crock-Pot. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8-10 hours.
OPTIONAL POTATO RECIPE DIRECTIONS:
- In a large Ziploc bag or large bowl, add potatoes, olive oil, garlic, herbs, and spices; mix. Transfer potatoes to Crock-Pot, and pour over bird. Cook with bird as directed above.