4 cups , wheat flour
½ tsp Baking soda
2 tsp Baking powder
pinch of Salt
1 cup desiccated Coconut + extra for coating
500g Unsalted Butter, softened
1 cup Sugar
1 tsp of Vanilla
1. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Sift the dry ingredients together.
2. In a large mixing bowl cream the butter( you may need to reduce your butter depending to the humidity of the day) and sugar until light and fluffy than add desiccated coconut and the sifted dry ingredients to the bowl and pour in vanilla essence.
3. Mix the ingredients until it forms well combined and a soft dough formed. The dough should not be sticky or runny. Than chill the dough in the fridge at least 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly Grease a baking tray.
5. Scoop level tablespoons of dough, and place in reserved coconut. Roll into balls, coating with coconut.
6. Arrange balls, about 2 inches apart, on baking sheets. Bake until lightly golden, 12-15 minutes. Cool on baking s+tray 1 to 2 minutes before transfering to a wire rack to cool completely.