Total Time: 35 minutes
Serving Size: 4 servings
Chicken and Mushrooms:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (10 oz) package of mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste
Creamy Parmesan Sauce:
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp rice flour (can omit or use wheat flour if desired)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1 cup spinach
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and heat it over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes on each side until browned. Remove it onto a plate and add the sliced mushrooms in. Add in salt. In about 5 more minutes, your mushrooms should look nice and moist, and dark. Once cooked, remove them from the pan. I put them on the same plate as the cooked chicken strips.
- To make the sauce, add butter to the pan, allow it to melt and then cook garlic in it until slightly browned – only for a couple of minutes. Slowly add chicken broth, half-and-half and parmesan cheese. All these will blend in very quickly.
- Add spinach to the mixture and allow it to wilt. I added 1 cup of spinach, but you can certainly add more or less depending on your preference. Add the chicken and mushrooms back into the pan and mix in well.
- Serve warm and garnish it with parsley, if desired.