Yield: 16 strawberries
- 1 lb fresh strawberries (this was about 16 large strawberries for me)
- 4 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 full sized low fat graham cracker (one sheet of four little rectangles), crushed
- Cut the tops off of each strawberry and discard. Using a paring knife, hollow out each strawberry, removing the white interior.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat with an electric mixer until thoroughly combined. At this point you can either transfer the cream cheese mixture into a piping bag and pipe it into each berry, or do what I did and just fill each berry using a butter knife.
- Dip each strawberry, cheesecake side down, into the graham cracker crumbs, coating the top.
Note: These taste best the day they are made, so if you are not planning to serve/eat all 16 in one day, I recommend making the cream cheese filling, crushing up the graham cracker, and storing them separately (the cream cheese filling in a tupperware container in the refrigerator and the crumbs in a ziplock somewhere dry). This way, you can just hollow out however many strawberries you plan to eat at once and stuff them with filling to order.
35 calories, 5 g carbs, 3 g sugars, 2 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 1 g protein, 0 g fiber