Banana Nut Muffins
- 3 very overripe bananas, peeled and mashed with a fork
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted, if solid)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups flour (we used white whole wheat)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly oil a 12-cup muffin tin, or line with cupcake papers.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, bananas, coconut sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla. Add dry ingredient mixture and walnuts, stir just until combined. Divide batter among 12-cup muffin tin.
Bake 12 minutes, or until muffins are golden and a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Yields: 12 servings | Calories: 210 | Total Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 132mg | Carbohydrates: 35g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 21g | Protein: 3g | SmartPoints: 9