- 6 large Chicken legs, bone in, skin on (can be removed if you wish)
- 1/2 C Ginger honey (can substitute regular honey)
- 1/8 C Molasses
- 1/8 C Sugar (can substitute brown sugar)
- 1/2 C Soy Sauce (low sodium can be substituted)
- 1 tsp Siracha (can add more if you wish)
- 1 tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 TBSP.Cornstarch
- 1 TBSP. Water
- Seasonings: Seasoned Salt, pepper and garlic powder – sprinkling as desired
For the glaze:
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Then, in a pot, combine ginger honey, molasses, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, and siracha.
- Bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch and water slurry, – the sauce will thicken, then remove off the heat.
- Line the slow cooker with parchment paper for easy cleanup and to avoid sticking
- In a bowl, season the chicken legs with salt, pepper and garlic
- Add the legs to the slow cooker bowl along with the glaze you just made, add 1/2 C of water and cook on high for 3 hours.
Glaze In a pan, cook the bacon until it is crisp, then remove to a paper-towel-lined plate and let cool. If you didn’t chop it, crumble it now. Set aside.
- Drain the grease,. Add the honey & worcestershire sauce
- Let bubble over medium heat. Once it is bubbly, add in the chopped bacon.
- Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes until it has thickened lightly, then remove from heat.set aside
- When 3 hours is up, add this sauce to your chciken in the crockpot, Cook for an additional hour.
- After cook time is complete, remove the legs and place them on a baking sheet
- Take the sauce from the crock pot bowl and put into a smaller container. Using this sauce, baste the legs liberally all over.
- Broil the legs in the oven until they begin to caramelize
- Bring the sheet out and turn the legs over, then liberally brush the legs again with the sauce.
- Broil again for a few minutes or until the legs begin to caramelize.
- If there is remaining sauce left, feel free to use as a dipping sauce.