Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana – a simple soup recipe that’s based off an Olive Garden favorite.
- 1 lb ground hot Italian sausage (6-7 links, not including the casings)
- 2-3 strips of bacon, cubed.
- 2 large russet baking potatoes, cubed.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups kale, torn by hand
- 2 cans chicken broth (canned works better than in a box)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream.
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a medium skillet, over medium heat, scramble fry the hot Italian sausage and bacon. Drain the fat.
- Add all the ingredients (except for the cream) to the slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low on 8-10 hours.
- Right before serving, add 1 cup of cream, stir and heat through.