Back to Top
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 c. beef broth
- 1 quart vegetable/tomato juice
- 4 medium potatoes, diced (you can peel them if you prefer, but leaving the skin on is good too)
- 1 c. frozen (or canned) green beans
- 1 c. frozen (or canned) corn
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 2-3 carrots, sliced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In a skillet cook ground beef with onion until browned and season with salt and pepper. Place cooked ground beef mixture and remaining ingredients in a large slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 hours or until potatoes are fork-tender. The smaller you dice the potatoes, the quicker they will cook.
- ** If you do not want to use a slow cooker (or want to whip it up quickly), brown beef/onion in a large pot or Dutch oven and add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.