- Cooking spray
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Lightly coat a 4 to 5-quart crock pot insert with cooking spray. Place a piece of parchment paper, that is large enough to extend halfway up the sides in the bottom of the crock pot. Lightly spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Place butter and chopped chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave another 30 seconds. If not completely melted, continue microwaving until melted.
- Add sugar to chocolate mixture and whisk to combine.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture just until flour is moistened. Fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into crock pot, smoothing out the top with a rubber spatula.
- Cover and cook on LOW 3½ hours. Uncover and continue to cook on LOW for 30 minutes.
- Remove insert from crockpot and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Cooking time will vary. If your crock pot runs a little hot, shorten the cooking time. The middle will look underdone, but will firm up as the brownies cool.