- 1 pound extra lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces) tomato soup
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups broth (chicken, beef or vegetable)
- 2 bell peppers chopped (I used one green and one red)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 package (5 to 6 ounces) Spanish rice mix, uncooked
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving, if desired
- Combine the cooked ground beef, tomato soup, diced tomatoes, broth, bell peppers, onions and Italian seasoning in your slow cooker. (I used my Ninja 3-in-1 cooker so I could brown the meat then proceed with slow cooking. A 5 or 6-Quart cooker should work.)
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours, until the peppers and onions are soft.
- Prepare the rice mix as the package directs. (I needed water and a 14-1/2 ounce can of diced tomatoes for mine.)
- Stir the cooked rice mix into the soup and cook on low for 30 minutes more to blend flavors.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top, if desired.
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (1 cup): 179 calories, 4 g fat, 25 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein