- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces Neufchatel cheese cubed
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 ounce can artichoke hearts 14, drained, rinsed and finely chopped
- 8 ounces trimmed fresh spinach leaves about 8 cups
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In slow cooker stoneware, combine mozzarella, Neufchatel cheese, Parmesan, garlic, artichokes, spinach, and black pepper. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, until hot and bubbly. Stir well and serve with homemade tortilla chips.
Source: The Healthy Slow Cooker by Judith Finlayson (reprinted with permission)
My adaptions to this recipe:
–I used 8 ounces of light cream cheese
–I used 2-3 garlic cloves as I knew we’d like a bit more garlic in this
–I added as much of the spinach as I could to my slow cooker in the beginning. After the spinach had cooked down a bit, I added the remaining spinach.