Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: 6 servings
- 1.5 lbs frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3½ cups Alfredo sauce, divided
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 cups refrigerated three cheese tortellini
- Garnish: black pepper and parsley
- Place the frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breast in the crockpot. Add 2½ cups of warm Alfredo sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours, until fully cooked. (Separate frozen chicken breasts that are stuck together after a couple of hours of cooking, if necessary.)
- Tear or cut the chicken into pieces.
- Add 1 cup Alfredo sauce, minced garlic, black pepper and refrigerated three cheese tortellini. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes until tender and heated through.
- Garnish with black pepper and parsley.
If using dried or frozen tortellini, partially cook it in boiling water, following the instructions on your package, before adding it to the slow cooker. It will finish cooking in the slow cooker.