Cherry Dump Cake
5 minutes active; 2-4 hours inactive to prepare serves 8
- 1 (15.25 oz.) box yellow cake mix
- 2 (21 oz.) cans cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, garnish
- Lightly grease your slow cooker with butter or nonstick spray, or use a slow cooker liner for easy clean-up.
- In a large bowl, cut cubed butter into cake mix and mix together until butter is coarse and crumbly.
- Pour cherry pie filling into slow cooker, then cover with cake topping.
- Turn slow cooker on HIGH and cook for 2 hours, or until cake is golden brown and cherry filling is hot and bubbly.
- Transfer cake to serving bowls and serve hot, with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Recipe adapted from Life Love Liz