- 3 pounds of chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of Creole or Cajun seasoning(like Slap Ya Mama), or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, or to taste
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, packed
- 1 (6 ounce) can of pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Remove skin from chicken and season lightly with the salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning and garlic powder. Pat seasoning into chicken and place into the slow cooker.
- Whisk together the brown sugar, pineapple juice and soy sauce; pour around chicken. Cover and cook on low for about 5 to 6 hours, depending on the size.
- Use a wide spatula to remove the chicken from the slow cooker to a platter and loosely tent with aluminum foil; set aside to prepare the glaze.
- Turn cooker to high until mixture comes to a boil, or transfer to a saucepan for the stovetop. Whisk together the water and cornstarch until there are no lumps. Slowly stir into the boiling sauce until fully incorporated and continue boiling for about 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and let rest a moment. Brush the sauce over each chicken thigh and serve the remaining sauce at the table.