A simple, slim and delicious steamy meal-in-a-bowl that’s sure to satisfy.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) petite diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium-large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 12 ounces shredded cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups cauliflower
- ⅓ cup long grain white rice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place the chicken broth and diced tomatoes in a saucepan and heat until boiling.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery and stir them together with a wooden spoon. Cook for around 10 minutes, partially covered, until the onion is golden and carrot has begun to soften.
- Add the basil and thyme and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the cooked chicken or turkey, broccoli, cauliflower, rice and boiling broth mixture. Give the soup a stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until the vegetables and rice are tender, 15 to 20 minute
- Turn off the heat. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1/6th, about 2 cups): 215 calories, 5 g fat, 18 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein and 5 Points+Value, 3 SmartPoints