- Little Lemon Drops:
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 pkg 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream I actually didn’t have quite enough sour cream so I used half sour cream/half vanilla yogurt and it worked great!
- 1/2 cup milk
- Lemon Glaze:
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest I just used the zest from one lemon
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice I got exactly this amount from squeezing one large lemon
- 1/4 cup hot water
Little Lemon Drops:
Preheat the oven to 325.
Coat mini muffin tins with cooking spray. (I used almost 3 full pans of 24).
Beat the ingredients in a large bowl with an electric mixer for several minutes until blended and smooth. Fill each muffin hole about 1/2 full. I used a small cookie scoop and it worked perfectly! Bake for about 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool the pan on a wire rack for about 2 minutes and then turn the muffin pan over on a wire rack so that all the muffins are upside down.
Cool completely and once all the batter is cooked, you can make the glaze.
Place the wire racks over waxed paper.
Beat the glaze ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth.
Dip muffins in glaze to coat the bottoms (which are now the tops!) and the sides and let the excess drip off back into the bowl.
Place each lemon drop back on the wire racks until the glaze is set.
Make sure to eat a few before placing them out for others or you’ll never get to try one! Enjoy!