What You Need
- 1 teaspoonkosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoonsmoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoongarlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoononion powder
- 6 to 8bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds total)
- 6-quart or larger slow cooker
- Measuing spoons
- Small bowl
- Mix up the seasoning: Place the salt, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl and whisk together with a fork.
- Season the chicken: Coat the chicken thighs evenly on all sides with the seasoning mixture.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker: Place the chicken skin-side up in a single layer in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker. It is important that the chicken thighs are skin-side up, with some space between them. Overcrowding will result in soft, rather than crispy, chicken skin.
- Slow cook: Cover the slow cooker, but leave the lid slightly askew — this allows venting. Cook on the LOW setting until tender and the internal temperature of the chicken registers 165°F, 6 to 7 hours.
- Serve: Serve warm or pull the meat off the bones for tacos, sandwiches, etc.