VANILLA BUTTERCREAM RECIPE
1 cup (240 grams) butter
8 cups (1 kilogram) icing sugar
1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) vanilla extract
4-6 tablespoons (60 milliliters- 90 milliliters) milk
BUTTERCREAM ICING METHOD:
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter until fluffy.
2. Add half of the icing sugar and slowly continue to mix.
3. With the mixer on low speed, add the vanilla and half of the milk. Mix until no clumps remain.
4. Add the rest of the icing sugar, but do not add any more milk until the icing sugar begins to mix together more completely.
5. Add one or two more tablespoons of milk until desired consistency is reached. (You will want a thinner buttercream for spreading onto cakes, and a thicker one for piping flowers, or borders.)
6. Use immediately or store in a sealed container for 2-3 days in the fridge. If you are storing the buttercream in the fridge, allow it to come to room temperature, and remix it briefly before using.
7. ENJOY YOUR HOMEMADE BUTTERCREAM.
CREDITS : JENN JOHNS