This Crockpot Italian Chicken and Peppers is a healthy and delicious dinner that’s super easy and customizable. It’s gluten free, low calorie and has a Paleo option too. A weeknight dinner recipe the whole family will love!
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 12 ounces chicken breast or 3 large chicken breasts
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- Layer bell peppers and chicken breasts in the crockpot with some on the bottom and some on top then add seasonings, salt and pepper and marinara sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Once it’s cooked, break apart the chicken with a tongs. It will shred easily after cooking this long in the sauce.
- Serve over rice or lettuce and top with parmesan as desired.
Recipe Source : skinnyfitalicious