I love making pork in the slow cooker, it’s so easy and literally falls apart once cooked. Here it’s cooked with balsamic vinegar and honey which gives it a slight tang that I love!
- 2 pound boneless pork shoulder roast (sirloin roast)
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Season the pork with salt, garlic powder and red pepper flakes and place it into the slow
- Mix together the broth, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce and pour it over the pork,
then pour the honey over and set the timer for 4 hours on High or 6-8
hours on Low.
- Once the pork is cooked and tender (it should shred easily with a fork),
remove from slow cooker with tongs into a serving dish.
- Break apart lightly with two forks and put back into the slow cooker.
- Ladle 1/2 cup sauce over the pork and keep warm until ready to eat.
Yield: 8 servings, Serving Size: 3 oz pork
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 214
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Sodium: 196mg
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 21g