- Prep 20 min
- Cook 30 min
- Ready 50 min
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 32 oz jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried oregano, leaves
- 16 oz package ziti, cooked and drained
- 1 mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef, onions, and garlic over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until beef is browned; stirring frequently.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, chicken broth, and oregano.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir 1 cup of the sauce into the cooked ziti noodles.
- Spoon 1/2 of the ziti mixture into a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Top with 2 cups sauce, then remaining ziti mixture and remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven and bake uncovered for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Recipe originally inspired by Food.com
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 380||Calories from Fat 92|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 10g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||23%|
|Total Carbohydrate 46g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||9%|