CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM RECIPE
1 cup (240g) butter
8 cups (1kg) icing sugar
2/3 cup (70g) unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon (15mL) vanilla extract
6-8 tablespoons (60mL- 90mL) milk
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter until fluffy.
2. Add half of the icing sugar, and cocoa powder and slowly mix. With the mixer on low speed, add the vanilla and 5 tablespoons of the milk. Mix until no clumps remain.
3. Add the rest of the icing sugar and two-three more tablespoons of milk until desired consistency is reached. (You will want a thinner buttercream for spreading onto cakes, and a thicker one for piping flowers, or borders.)
4. Use immediately or store in a sealed container for 2-3 days in the fridge. If you are storing the buttercream in the fridge, allow it to come to room temperature, and remix it briefly before using.
5. Enjoy your CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM RECIPE
CREDITS : JENN JOHNS