° Salt: 15 g (1 tbsp)
° Black pepper: 15 g (1 tbsp)
° Egg: 2 large (beaten)
° Evaporated milk: 120 ml (1⁄2 cup)
° Water: 120 ml (1⁄2 cup)
° Wheat flour: 240g (2 cups)
° Paprika: 5 g (1 teaspoon)
° Ground thyme: 1⁄4 teaspoon
° Ground garlic: 1⁄2 teaspoon
° Oil for frying: 950 ml (4 cups)
° Chicken: 1 full (clip to 8 pieces)
*How to make it:
1. The first thing you need is to chop the chicken into 8 pieces, and spice well with salt and pepper.
2. You’ll want to mix eggs, milk and water. Now this is mixed, pour the mixture over the chicken and leave for about 5 minutes.
3. Mix the flour, paprika, thyme and garlic together in a paper bag (thick) then place the chicken inside the bag and whisk until the chicken is well coated.
4. Make sure the chicken is dry before putting it in the oil because the paint will not stick to the chicken if it is wet.
5. After that, you need to heat the oil (it should reach 175 ° C (350 ° F). Immediately place the chicken in the pan and fry for half an hour, or until the chicken is golden brown (the trick is that the breasts or thighs will take about 15 to 20 minutes and the wings about 10 to 15 minutes). Please drain the chicken with kitchen paper.
6. I find it very useful to use a mixture of half cream and half milk when I don’t have evaporated milk.